Your baby’s growth is a top priority and as a caring mom you want to do your possible best to ensure he or she is on a healthy diet. However, a balanced diet that provides your little one with sufficient nutrition is a basic need. For a few moms, the big question during this phase is “How do I increase my Baby’s Weight?”
If your baby is yet to reach the sixth month milestones, I’d advise you continue with exclusive breastfeeding to provide all the essential nutrients your baby need and also to maintain a good body weight. After six months of exclusive breastfeeding, complementary feeding starts. During this phase, energy dense food items should be given. Continue reading to know more about energy dense food for your baby.
Inasmuch as you want your baby to increase weight faster, it is important to note that he or she require nutrients in appropriate amounts as per their age. Secondly, you should get the fact that some babies have a very small appetite while some others can take in food as much as they want. So, it is a way of saying you get to understand your baby’s appetite capacity.
To maintain your baby’s healthy body weight, you must follow your baby’s nutrition requirement pattern. There is quite a difference between ‘intake’ and ‘requirements’.If your baby is yet to reach the sixth month milestones, I'd advise you continue with exclusive breastfeeding to provide all the essential nutrients your baby need and also to maintain a good body weight. Click To Tweet
Intake is what we feed our babies whereas the specified range of nutrients that should be given to your little one is ‘Requirements’. You need to follow a food pattern that will help your baby to gain weight faster. Weight gaining food for babies should contain appropriate calorie value to support baby’s growth. To achieve the ideal body weight, follow the 22 energy dense food given below:
1. Pumpkin: Pumpkin is one such vegetable which has great nutritional benefits, and is rich in beta carotene. It contains several minerals, like calcium and magnesium, which help your child’s bones to become stronger. Pumpkin is also an energy dense food which can improve weight gain in your baby.
2. Spinach: spinach has high amount of water in it which keeps your baby hydrated. Spinach is a great way to help your child if she is struggling with bowel movement.
3. Banana: It is an ideal food for baby to gain weight because of its rich dietary fiber, potassium, as well as other minerals and vitamins. Banana is naturally sweet and easy to digest which makes it every baby’s favourite.
4. Fish: Fish is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals which is particularly good for your growing baby. Fish has healthy fats which your baby needs to improve a healthy weight gain.
5. Chicken/Beef: These are top iron rich food found in animal. Both originally contain hemoglobin and they are easy to digest.
6. Eggs: From a nutritional perspective, eggs are simply an incredible food. Eggs are an excellent source of iron and are a nutritious source of protein, fat, Vitamins A, D, E, and B12 and choline. Eggs helps improve the brain development and also will help your child concentrate and focus better and will give his/her sustained energy for several hours.
7. Peas: These beautiful little vegetables are a great first “green” food for baby as they are nutritious, and mostly pleasant to eat. Peas contains more protein and also provide calcium, uron, vitamin A and C which are the essential nutrients your baby will need.
8. Homemade Yogurt: Yogurt makes an excellent food for babies.It is high in B vitamins like B12 and riboflavin, which may protect against heart disease. Yogurt is rich in potassium, phosphorus and magnesium, which are all important for key baby’s growth development. To make this recipe more yummy for your baby, blend with cooked green pea or avocado.
9. Carrots: According to the Healthline source, Carrots are a good source of vitamins, like vitamin K, which helps blood clot properly, and vitamin B6, which is necessary for skin, hair, eye, and liver health. They’re a good source of fiber, which your baby might need more of if you’re feeding them a lot of low-fiber foods like baby cereals.
10. Sweet Potato: this is an ideal food your baby will undoubtedly cherish as it’s known for its natural sweetness. Sweet potatoes is rich in carbohydrates, and a great source of beta-carotene. This humble vegetable called the sweet potato can be a great source of nutrition for your growing little one.
11. Milk: Milk is needed in your baby’s diet which is particularly vital for teeth, bones and muscle growth as it contains calcium. Milk also carries a high amount of protein, which helps your baby gain a healthy weight.
12. Oats: oats are high in fibre which aids in easy digestion and bowel movement. They also contain magnesium, iron and zinc beneficial for a healthy growth too.
13. Corn: Corn is an energy food which contain carbohydrates. It is very low in calories but rich in fibre. Corn is safe to offer to your baby bit it is best to cook and pureed it for easy digestion.
14. Mango: Mongo is rich in fibre which prevent constipation in babies. This fruit is very low in fat but contain lots of good calories which can help your baby gain weight in a healthy manner.
15. Dates: Dates are ‘heart healthy’ food which is a good start on solids. They are packed with high energy density and are a good source of minerals like iron, calcium, sodium phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and zinc. They also contain vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, Vitamin A, B6 and Vitamin K.
16. Breast Milk: Breast milk is known to be the top best food ideally for your baby. Breat milk has all the essential nutrients to provide your baby for a healthy growth. Apart from that, breast milk contains healthy fats which baby will need to double his or her weight. As a mom who desires for her baby to increase in healthy weight gain, eat food that are rich in fats including any of the ones mentioned above so as to offer them to your baby through breast milk.
These are the list of food items that can help your baby gain weight. If you really want to achieve this goal, bear in mind that consistency is the key. Secondly, never be anxious of your baby not gaining weight as it’s not an overnight job. Peace of mind can help you achieve an ideal weight gain for your baby.