Eating a balanced diet ensures you have all the nutrients you and your baby need during pregnancy. Among other food you eat, it is important you include these five must have food in your pregnancy diet. Doing this will not only give you and your baby all the required nutrients but also reduce complications and the need for caesarean section. This is absolutely true!
In most cases, it is hard to avoid certain food not recommended in pregnancy by virtue of the negative impact it may have on you and your baby.
So, you find yourself eating what you feel like eating as you can’t control the cravings. Inasmuch as cravings in pregnancy is normal, it is important to note you can control it to some extent by either taking your mind off it or chewing a little bit of ginger to quench it. But the focus for today’s topic is about the five must have diet for a healthy pregnancy.
You want to have a healthy baby? Considering the following food groups should be your top priority:
1. Eggs: they are richly filled with minerals, fats and vitamins. Eating eggs in pregnancy will supply all the essential nutrients both you and the baby needs. Boiled eggs are best recommended for you as this will eliminate any harmful bacteria that is present in the egg.
2. Beef: This is a good source of protein during pregnancy and it is recommended to be included as part of a healthy pregnancy diet. Beef is safe to eat during pregnancy as long as it is well cooked. Just make sure there is no trace of pink or blood in the beef. A healthy way to consume beef is to ensure it is thoroughly cooked.Eating a balanced diet ensures you have all the nutrients you and your baby need during pregnancy. Click To Tweet
3. Spinach: It contains a variety of nutrients that support the fetal development along with a healthy serving of fibre. Spinach is particularly rich in iron which helps prevent anemia during pregnancy. Spinach also contain folate which helps protects your future baby against neural tube defects, such as spina bifida.
4. Watermelon: This fruit is said to offer numerous benefits during pregnancy. Watermelon eases heartburn and reduces swelling. This is because of its high water content of 92 percent and fruit sugars which helps alleviate morning sickness and dehydration. Watermelon also contain minerals which helps prevent third-trimester muscle cramps.
5. Milk: Drinking milk during pregnancy can provide you calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D — the bone-building nutrients mother and baby require every day. It is recommended you get enough Vitamin D from milk consumption as this can lower the baby’s risk of developing allergies in future. Apart from this, pregnant women also need between 1000 and 1300 mg of calcium every day to nourish their body and the body of their developing baby.